Welcome to the World little Pineapple!


Welcome to the World little Pineapple!

Baby C finally made her appearance on November 26, 2006, just 1 day shy of her due date. She was born at 9:28 a.m. at 6 lbs, 15.3 oz, 19.5 inches. (don’t mind the last post I think I was a little loopy).

If you don’t wanna read all the details (not much gore included) you should stop here.

I started having contractions early early morning (3 am ish) of my birthday (11/25). For a while they were 6 or so minutes apart but then slowed up and got really irregular. I had my mom come down and bring me a pineapple. I figured I liked pineapples enough and was not bold enough to try a colace shake. A whole pineapple later and my entire mouth raw still no signs of any regular contractions.

At about 10:30 pm when D got home from the gym they started kicking in. They were pretty intense but I didn’t want to get to the hospital and be sent home or have to labor there for very long. About 12:30 I told D I thought it was time. We were in the living room when I decided we should hold off a bit longer. I labored until 4:30 trying to sneak in 8 minute intervals of sleep while everyone else slept soundly. I finally woke D and we headed to the hospital.

When we arrived at the hospital I was 6 or so cm so they admitted me. Things really started moving from there! In the labor room I asked for a hit of stadol. Since I can’t remember the last time I’ve even had a tylenol or motrin I got loopy right away. It was preety funny. Since I had hardly slept in 2 days I got a chance to rest just a bit before the contractions took over and the narcotics wore off. I decided before hand i would do it epidural free. Mostly because I had A that way and figured if I did it once I could do it again.

They got fairly intense and I asked to be checked since I started to feel the urge to push. Only 8 cm!… 2 contractions later I REALLY felt the need to push. The nurse didn’t even bother checking me and they started the move to the delivery room.

Once I got to the room I had to be transferred to a different bed (yah, that’s was the fun part). She checked me again and there I was at 10. D really had to pee, and I was scared she’d be out before he got back. He was amazingly quick. I pushed twice for 10 seconds and I guess she started to crown since they called in the doctor. 2 contractions later and a total push time of 8 minutes Baby C was born with an apgar score of 10 (told you she was perfect).

We had to stay in the recovery room for a bit while they monitored us both but I was feeling good with not a single stitch. The nurse even let me walk myself to the mother baby unit (I have this thing about being pushed in a wheelchair).

Later that evening D picked up Big Sister A and my mom for her first visit. I was nursing when they arrived and she climbed into the bed with me to set sights on her new little sister. She took it in really well, I really had no idea what to expect but I am simply amazed at her patience and tolerance. A sang her "Twinkle Twinkle" and C seemed to recognize her sister’s voice. It was sweet. She seemed alot more concerned when her dad held the baby. Photos to come of the "Pineapple and the Ham".

I was discharged the following morning (11/27) at about 11:00 am after both baby C and I passed all our tests. She passed her hearing screening and shows no signs of jaundice. I had originally wanted A to come get us from the hospital but D had to come early to get the paperwork for her birth certificate underway (the logistics of being unmarried). When D told Big Sister A that he was going to the hospital to pick me up she apparently inquired "Just Momma?".

Since we’ve been home the girls have been interacting well. She has her moments of interest and times when she could care less. She seems to care and want to get closer when D is holding her. Whenever C cries A breaks out in this really loud and fast version of "Twinkle Twinkle" and runs around the house in a frenzy looking for her pacifier. It’s really sweet but adds to the tension of the moment. She’s also been a great help getting diapers or shirts or whatever I may need. The evening I got home my mom, A and I made a Target run for some essentials I forgot and a quick stop at the market.

As for me I think I’ve squeezed in a 3 hour sleep run and 4 hour sleep run and an hour here and there. C is all twisted on nights and days but what can I expect. I’m fine with being up with her at night for a while but it’s tough since A sleeps in the room with us and I don’t want her up 1/2 the night too. The milk man has come and anyone with a kid can attest to how comfortable that is. D’s family has visited, as has my Nanay (grandma) and mom so I think for now the visiting is over. Need to get these girls on some semblance of a schedule so I can have some sanity. Before our visitors and while D was out I had a quiet moment with my girls of C sleeping while A and I did some puzzles, it was a nice thought of the potential. Now to figure out how to fit in time with the toddler, the baby, for myself, for the man, and for flickr!

Thank you all for your well wishes and great baby vibes throughout this. I’ll be around, probably stopping by your streams at 3 or 4 in the morning while I’m up with the girl!

Posted by diyosa on 2006-11-29 01:29:53

Tagged: , baby c , 3 days old , pineapple , eyes open , thankyouall , born 11/26/2006 , newborn , baby , girl , epidural free , who won the guessing poll??

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *